Unlike the fire pits you will find at your local home store or other large retails, Gradek Concepts Fire Pits are made from some of the highest quality carbon steel available. Store bought fire pits are built from thin sheet metal that quickly rusts through. The average life of a store bought fire pit is less than 3 years.
Carbon steel is an alloy consisting of iron and carbon. Several other elements are also in carbon steel, with low maximum percentages. These elements are manganese, with a 1.65% maximum, silicon, with a 0.60% maximum, and copper, with a 0.60% maximum. What this means to you is that you are getting the toughest of the tough materials to assure you can enjoy your fire pit for years to come.
Gradek Concepts Fire Pits are built to age gracefully. We use only the best of materials in the construction of our fire pits and accessories. Most fire pits/bowls are thin, stamped steel, which has the tendency to get thin spots while it forms to the fixture. This is typically why your $400 fire pit from the local home store will rust through near the edges in only a couple of years. With Gradek Fire Pits you get uniform thickness and high quality materials.
Gradek Carbon Steel 36″ Fire Pit Technical Details
- .187 (3/16″) thick carbon steel compressed into dome shape rather than low cost stamping the produces a weaker product
- Made from SA-414G material that is designed originally for pressure tanks
- Welded together with a 70,000 psi wire feed welding wire
- Legs are SCH 40 Pipe with a .156 (5/32″) thickness
- Three legs and three points of contact for the tooling eliminate any wobble from uneven surfaces
- 105lbs of Gradek Carbon Steel Fire Pit
Stamped vs Forged/Compressed
For those of you that really like to get technical, this is for you.